Search & Win

Monday, September 21, 2009

On to more positive things...

I have since found that a cup of coffee in the morning helps Alej control some of his behaviors during the day. I have decided that I am going to try to incorporate more homemade items into our diets. I have found a great site that has some homemade recipes, but am always looking for more. I am open to any ideas that I find on control Alej's ADHD naturally, especially since it will be at least a month before he sees a doctor (grrr!). We are also looking to buy a house since renting a larger home will cost so much more than a house payment. More info to come...

2 comments:

Sue Seibert said...

Hi, Jenn! I think you have good ideas about diet changes. Have you slowed down on sugar and red dye? Also, some artificial sweeteners can also cause problems. As to the drawings, I did them free-hand and then colored them with photoshop. Good luck in house hunting. Our baby, Christi, just built a house and is now trying to sell the old one. They built it with their own hands!

Jennifer said...

Thank you for the advice, Sioux. We don't really eat a whole lot of items with red dye. We try to incorporate fresh ingredients as much as possible. As far as sugar, he may have 1 or 2 treats a week. As far as artificial sweeteners, he doesn't have any. I removed all of those from the house after reading that some research found a connection between that and types of cancer. I am open to any way to manage the symptoms, so if you can think of anything else, let me know!